CCU Yard Operative
Due to continued growth our well established client are looking for a CCU (Cargo Carrying Units) Yard Operative to join their team on a permanent basis starting as soon as possible. This role is based in Aberdeen with some trips to Peterhead.
In this role you will be the responsible for checking and inspecting CCUs to be made ready for use in support of Shipping Operations.
Additional duties will include but are not limited to:
- Facilitate the allocation of empty Cargo Carrying Units (CCU's) in accordance with Client requirements via CMS
- Work closely with CCU Yard Supervisor to ensure client shipping requirements are fully met on time.
- Log and raise Non-Conformance Reports in relation to CCU quality
- Carry out on base stock checks
- Complete Consignment Notes and Cargo Summary Tickets for transportation of CCUs off site from Quayside
- Inspection CCU's and, where certified, forklift duties when required
- Assist with additional yard duties as specified by line management when required
- Continuously promote a pro-active HSEQ culture, ensuring participation and compliance.
- Present a positive image of the company through first class service delivery and customer engagement.
- Supervise the loading and unloading of trucks in the CCU area
- Build effective relationships across the business by continually seeking to improve operations. - Maintain housekeeping standards within the operating areas
- Ad-hoc duties as required in line with applicable training/competency assessments
- CCU certification & inspection (SWIRE)
- Dangerous Goods Awareness
- Oil Spill Awareness
If you hold relevant experience and you are looking for a new challenge then we would love to hear from you. Click below to apply or call Charlene on 01779 476311.