Fleet Information Technician
Our client, a market leader in providing products for weather sensitive operations is looking to recruit a Fleet Information Technician on a permanent basis based in Aberdeen.
This position would suit a graduate in Geography.
Reporting to the Route Analyst Supervisor, the FIT provides data support to Routing Operations.
The function of the FIT is to input, sort, process and review incoming messages from ship captains, clients and sales offices. Through this process they provide quality control for all voyage data and send messages to ship captains and clients for data requests. Employees must be able to work rotating shifts, with varying days off, work nights and/or weekends.
- Daily correspondence with ship Captains and Clients
- Quality control of voyage data sent by both Captains and Clients
- Inputting, evaluating, responding, and sorting messages from Captains, Clients and Sales offices
- Entering new voyage applications using proprietary software
- Associated degree or 2 years' experience of data entry and quality control.
- Microsoft Office software proficiency
- Ability to enter data accurately
- Experience in a customer service type role
- Acute attention to detail.
- Ability to take initiative and set or reorder priorities.
- Ability to respond quickly to work flow fluctuations or changes in priorities and to meet deadlines accordingly.
- Ability to multi-task, use personal judgement and utilize strong decision-making skills.
- Strong typing, analytical, and computer skills.
- Willing to work rotating shifts
- Prior experience in a ship routing role /organisation while a benefit is not essential
To apply for this exciting role please send your CV to email@example.com or call Helen on 01224 565010